Bush, Rove, Crack Up Press Corp
By John Eggerton — Broadcasting & Cable, 3/28/2007 9:28:00 PM White House adviser Karl Rove boogied, backed by NBC’s David Gregory, Brian Wiliams burped the “Battle Hymn of the Republic” and the President cracked wise, all to the general delight, and occasional gales of laughter, of journalists gathered for the Radio & Television Correspondents Association dinner in Washington.
Rove was a better sport than a dancer, tapped by the surprise entertainment–Whose Line is It Anyway’s Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood–for an improv rap number featuring “MC Rove,” with Gregory as one of his backup dancers, and based on information supplied by Rove that, among other things, he collected stamps and liked to “tear the tops” off of small animals.
Rove got into the spirit of the bit, though when President Bush was asked to supply a rap nickname for Rove, his response was “Your Fired!” Sherwood then suggested Rove had offered his resume to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, one of a host of legislators in attendance at the annual dinner at the Washington Hilton.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.