Breaking News and Commentary from Citizens for Legitimate Government
13 March 2007
‘Mistakes were made’ in firing of 8 attorneys, Gonzales says 13 Mar 2007 Atty. Gen. Alberto R. Gonzales, in a press conference amid a widening scandal over the Justice Department’s firing of eight U.S. attorneys, said today that “mistakes were made” and that Congress was not fully informed of the reasons for the dismissals.
Gonzales Accepts Responsibility in Prosecutor Firings 13 Mar 2007 U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales accepted responsibility for “mistakes” surrounding the firing of eight U.S. attorneys as revelations the White House initiated the dismissals prompted new calls for his resignation.
Schumer: Gonzales Staffer “Will Not Become The Next Scooter Libby” By Paul Kiel 13 Mar 2007 This morning, Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) held a press conference to express their anger at the recent revelations from the Justice Department and White House. In it, Schumer said that the resignation of Alberto Gonzales’ chief of staff Kyle Sampson “does not take heat off the attorney general. In fact, it raises the temperature. Kyle Sampson will not become the next Scooter Libby, the next fall guy.”
Gonzales Chief Aide Quits After Prosecutor Firings 13 Mar 2007 The chief aide to U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales resigned amid new revelations about the Bush administration’s ouster of eight U.S. attorneys. Kyle Sampson is the first high-level official to lose his job over the firings.
White House considered firing all 93 U.S. attorneys 13 Mar 2007 Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., the No. 3 Democrat in the Senate, today called on Attorney General Alberto Gonzales to resign, charging that he misled lawmakers over the dismissal of eight federal prosecutors.
Firings Had Genesis in White House —White House First Suggested Dismissing Prosecutors 2 Years Ago, Documents Show 13 Mar 2007 The White House suggested two years ago that the Justice Department fire all 93 U.S. attorneys, a proposal that eventually resulted in the dismissals of eight prosecutors last year, according to e-mails and internal documents that the administration will provide to Congress today. Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales approved the idea of firing a smaller group of U.S. attorneys shortly after taking office in February 2005.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.