The Long Road to Democracy – Optical Scanners Stole 2004!!!
Sleuthing Stolen Election 2004:
John Brakey and the “Hack and Stack”
Presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS),
San Francisco, Feb 2007
Updated February 2007 from Version Originally Published in OpEdNews:
By David L. Griscom, Ph.D. PowerPoint Presentation at AAAS
AAAS Program on “Sleuthing Stolen Election 2004 In the wee hours of 3 November 2004, the day after Election Day, the CNN.com website showed an updated exit poll which had Kerry leading Bush nationally by 2.6%. But soon thereafter the vote counting equipment reported Bush ahead of Kerry by almost the mirror image: 2.8%. Simon & Baiman Never before had the U.S. national exit polls been so wrong or WERE they?
On 11 November 2004, David Cobb and Michael Badnarik, the Green and Libertarian candidates for president, announced their intentions to file a formal demand for a recount of the ballots cast for president in the pivotal state of Ohio. This recount (conducted by Ohio SOS Kenneth Blackwell!) was officially terminated on 31 December 2005 after a recount of about 3% of the vote, which found 734 additional votes for Kerry and 449 additional votes for Bush.
Flash forward to 10 March 2006 the Associated Press told us that “[T]he third highest ranking employee at the
And flash once more to 24 January 2007: Twoelection workers in Ohio’s most populous county were convicted of illegally rigging the 2004 presidential election recount, allegedly so they could avoid a more thorough review of the votes.
So, what was the big deal about failing to randomly select precincts for recounting?
The answer lies in John Brakey’s “Hack and Stack.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.