TELL THE MANAGEMENT OF KTLK 1150 AM TO KEEP HARRISON ON THE EDGE
In a time where all our progressive media activists are under increasing
right wing pressure, one of our best was suddenly canned today without any
warning whatsoever. Harrison’s On the Edge show from 8-10PM on the Air
American Radio affiliate in Los Angeles has been a stellar example of
progressive advocacy, generating thousands and thousands of messages to the
California legislature and Congress in support of progressive initiatives.
Now is it time for us to stand up and speak out for him, and let the
management of KTLK know that we will not take this injustice in silence.
Please submit the action page below to send your message of complaint
directly to station management.
ACTION PAGE: http://www.goharrison.com/petitions/pnum593.php
We can definitely do this, just as the 7,000 messages you generated last
fall played a major role in persuading the Air America Radio corporate
office to retain Sam Seder, another invaluable activist personality, when
they threatened to put his head on the chopping block as well.
Here is a heartfelt statement Harrison himself:
With no advance notice we were informed that today our show is no longer on
KTLK AM1150. Because of a sudden volume of emails, we are asking all our
loyal listeners to contact the station management directly, using this one
click form, to let them know how YOU feel.
This does not mean goodbye. This show has always propelled all of us from
fleshy buttocks into positive action! Let’s bring this show back and make it
national, this time! For too long the bottom line has reigned over
productive content. Let’s save progressive talk from that fate. As Gandhi’s
grandson told us on this program: be the change.
The one click form below will send your personal message to specified
recipient(s), with the subject “Keep Harrison on KTLK.” At the same time you
can send your personal comments (choice #2) as a letter to the editor of
your nearest local daily newspaper if you like.
Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed to be
ours, and forward this message to everyone else you know.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.