And they’ll eventually rethink the op-scans, too…
Crist, Republicans push to get rid of touch-screen voting machines
By JOE FOLLICK
Sun Tallahassee Bureau March 30. 2007 6:01AM
TALLAHASSEE – Just a few years after the state and
counties spent tens of millions of dollars to put
touch-screen voting machines in 15 counties, taxpayers
may spend tens of millions of dollars more to get rid
Gov. Charlie Crist is leading the effort to replace the
touch-screen machines that have become a national
target of derision for alleged inaccuracies in counting
votes. The state’s top elections official, who Crist
appointed, said the controversy over whether votes were
lost in the race between U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan and
Democrat Christine Jennings prompted the decision to
get rid of touch-screen machines. Senate Republicans
are joining Crist in the push to spend nearly $30
million to replace the machines.
No Comments to “Florida moving in the right direction”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.