- Huge unfunded mandate will send our cities and towns deeply into debt
- Mandates nonexistent, untested and uncertified equipment for use in the 2008 elections
- Centralizes electoral regulation and control, giving unprecedented and undemocratic power to the White House over nation’s elections
- Rep. Juanita Millender-McDonald, CA-37,
- Rep. Vernon Ehlers, MI-3,
- Rep. Robert A. Brady, PA-1st
- Rep. Dan Lungren, CA-3
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren, CA-16th
- Rep. Kevin McCarthy, CA-22
- Rep. Mike Capuano, MA-8
- Rep. Charles Gonzalez, TX-20
- Rep. Susan Davis, CA-53
- The unfunded mandate
- The centralized executive power (“it may not be your party controlling the elections – are you really ready to hand over that control to the opposition?”)
- The matter of mandated equipment that does not yet exist and will not be tested or certified by the bill’s 2008 target date
- Reference the opposition of all state and local election officials to this legislation because it is expensive and unworkable.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.