Coulter, who was addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C., said:
“I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word “faggot,” so I – so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”
* Click here to see video of Ann Coulter’s comments.
Members of the audience seemed startled, then many clapped, and she proceeded to open the floor to questions, reported EditorandPublisher.com
After her comments, Dean issued a press release expressing his outrage. Dean called Coulter’s remarks “hate-filled and bigoted.”
“While Democrats and Republicans may disagree on the issues, we should all be able to agree that this kind of vile rhetoric is out of bounds. The American people want a serious, thoughtful debate of the issues,” the press release read.
“Republicans – including the Republican presidential candidates who shared the podium with Ann Coulter today – should denounce her hateful remarks.”
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 4:51 PM
Subject: Urgent CPAC report: Ann Coulter’s bodyguards harrass conservative
His crime: asking a question of another author (Mark Smith) about Ann Coulter, and about the Paula Jones case. Borchers had spent money, bought tickets, took time off work and traveled from Maryland as he does every year, to be at CPAC. He is a lifelong Republican, a conservative military veteran, whose only crime is being morally offended by the way conservatism has been ruined by people like Coulter who indulge in hate speak. He believes it is his moral obligation to bring attention to this, and that “evil triumphs when good men do nothing.”
Borchers is the most mild-mannered, humble Christian.His crime? He is guilty of being critical of the way Ann Coulter has “mainstreamed extremism” and has written articles about her. He accused her of plagiarizing her early books, and at the CPAC conference two years ago, he tried to distribute press kits calling for Coulter to stop her hate speak.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.