Although this is a long piece, I urge you to read it through–and pass it on. I feel confident in offering it as a definitive statement on behalf of “purism” in defense of US democracy.
The “All or Nothing Approach:” Should It Apply To Democracy?
by Paul R Lehto, Attorney at Law
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY / TIME MANAGEMENT CUES:
In this essay, I go out on a limb and suggest that this is one of the most important articles and perspectives you will ever read about, though most of the ideas herein started with the American Revolution and are as much your ideas as they are mine. But to summarize in one sentence, this article applies to vote counting and voting systems the legal and political perspective of democratic rights. It shows that almost all of your meaningful rights in the area of voting and vote counting have been taken away, and Congress instead of correcting that is about to institutionalize it. A government, a Congress, a Judiciary or a local government that simply can not be bothered with the manual labor of counting your vote and every American’s vote with openness, honesty, transparency and care, most surely can not be trusted to treat redblooded Americans with openness, honesty, transparency and care. In summary, this essay stands for the proposition that our fundamental obligation as Americans is to defend democracy, and that when it comes to respecting voting rights, “the “compromise” IS the same as the violation of the right.” I hope that you will read it all, and if you do not think it is important and worth the few minutes to do so, I invite you to tell me why at my email address above.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.