Even prior to 8 am, there were already problems at the Oak Lake Baptist Church polling location in Ft. Bend County, which serves precinct 4126. The E-Slate machines were not working, and voters were turned away from the polls. This precinct is targeted by Nick Lampson’s campaign and Democrats this year.
This is inexcusable and puts the integrity of this entire election in question. It is inappropriate, if not illegal, for poll workers to turn voters away from the polls. The Justice Department and the Secretary of State already have people in Ft. Bend County, and we will be alerting them. These voters have been turned away from the polls and disenfranchised. We absolutely will not let that stand.
What can you do?
Vote now! Whether it is due to incompetence or shady activity this morning, we can’t let it stop us. It is imperative you make your voice heard, and don’t let anyone stop you from exercising your constitutional right.
For too long in Texas Congressional District 22, the focus of the district’s “representative” has been about power, money, corruption, and scandal. Not about the needs of the citizens of TX-22.
Today, it’s your turn.
The citizens of TX-22 deserve better, and today, we will restore honor and integrity back to the district. We will do that by voting for Nick Lampson, and Nick will honor your support by working every day for the people of District 22, and no one else.
Now, it’s up to you. Here are three things I am asking you to do today to help elect Nick Lampson:
1. Vote for Nick. If you do one thing today, please take a moment to participate in our Democracy. Make sure your vote counts! Click here to find your polling location.
2. Tell your friends and family to vote. Take a quick moment and forward this message. Midterm elections have much lower turnouts than in presidential election years. Every vote is critical.
3. Volunteer. Join our volunteer team in these last few hours to turn out the vote for Nick. Please contact our campaign at 281-488-4922 to volunteer in Harris County, Brazoria, and Galveston County and call 281-239-2260 to volunteer today in Fort Bend County!
Tonight, we hope you’ll join Nick, our campaign team, and voters across the district at our Election Night Party.
3000 NASA Parkway at Space Center Blvd.
Houston, TX 77058
Thank you for everything you’ve done for Nick and our campaign over the last 18 months.
Lampson for Congress
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.