about Sequoia, and connects the dots:
I’m not issuing this warning lightly, but I think it deserves urgent consideration by the EI movement.
Consider the following facts:
1. On November 1 an election judge volunteer in Arapahoe County, CO reported that in their training session, their Sequoia rep was warning about electoral manipulation, especially that BBV (!) was planning election fraud (original note attached below). He specifically used the phrase “mess with the election”!
3. NYT and other mainstream media recently emerged from their long slumber to focus on…. Sequoia’s ties to Venezuela (read Chavez).
Here’s what kept me awake last night – combine all those facts above with the following nightmare scenario:
4. Suppose Democrats win some, even many races by surprising margins; many but not all of these counties turn out to have Sequoia equipment. We are all initially surprised, and before we can figure out what’s happening…
5. Anecdotal reports of “people messing with the machines” surface in those jurisdictions, and so suspicion is immediately cast on Democrat “zealots”, and, of course – get this – by implication the people who’ve demonstrated they knew about the vulnerability all along by actually writing about it, and thereby also being open to accusations of “publicizing” the attack to their “followers”!
6. Bottom line: the EI movement would be publicly discredited in a firestorm of vengeful right wing round-the-clock spin, or even forced to attack Democrats who would have won an honest election, but apparently won via a tainted election. And EI’s findings about other more serious problems elsewhere would go unheard and we would be taken out of the debate in the crucial post-election debate in either case.
This kind of reverse double-whammy – making Democrats who would have won anyway in an honest count, look guilty of fraud by manipulating the vote too much in their favor – would generate the illusion of a stolen election; one stolen by the Democrats. This is the inverse of what happened in 2000, 2002 and 2004 – which involved generating the illusion of electing their own candidates. Obvio
usly it’s the last thing the public expects; even most of the EI movement would be taken by surprise.
The pattern of using an opponent’s strengths against them, to enlist them to advance your own cause – while short circuiting theirs – is so. totally. the. MO. of. Karl. Rove. Just ask Dan Rather.
So what do I think we should do? I think pre-emption is our only option.
Raise an immediate publicity and legal campaign to file an injunction to require Sequoia to physically secure the “yellow button” before any of their machines can be used tomorrow!
No Comments to “Sequoia may help Bush & Co. win”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.