From: Kevin Zeese
Date: November 7, 2006 5:53:43 PM EST
Subject: Maryland politics further debased: Steele campaign hires homeless from Pennsylannia to hand out false literature
In a low for Maryland politics the Steele campaign hired poll workers from the homeless population of Philadelphia to hand out literature that implies Kweisi Mfume and P.G. County Executive Jack Johnson have endorsed Steele. Neither has endorsed Steele and the flier contained a sample ballot that listed Steele and Ehrlich with Democratic choices. They came by the bus load — five buses according to The Washington Post.
This kind of deceptive politics shows political bankruptcy — using desperate people who have no idea what they are doing to fool voters. If either wins their campaign it will be a win with a political blemish that undermines their legitimacy. It is a shame to see politics further debased.
A video of one of the Philadelphia workers can be see on Youtube.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.