Just back from poll watching as the polls opened this morning and the
Diebold TS voting units were turned on. Turnout, in this part of MD,
appears to be like that for a presidential election.
Long lines were aggravated by having only 2 e-poll books for check
in. When there was a problem helping one voter with conflicting data
on the poll book, it left only one to serve the line.
I saw one voter have a machine problem: an Error:Unrecognized Ballot
message that appeared on the final screen when she attempted to cast
her ballot. I had never heard of that one before, neither had the
chief election judge.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.