Denver Clerk and Recorder Wayne Vaden resigned today amid chaos in the Denver Election Commission which he oversees.
Citing his belief “that accountability is the underpinning of honorable public service,” Vaden said he was resigning from a “personal disappointment over my efforts” with the commission.
The resignation came exactly one week after a disastrous election in which absentee and provisional ballots still haven’t been counted. Computer glitches caused voters to wait in line up to three hours. Many complained they were unable to wait that long and thus were unable to vote.
Hickenlooper acknowledged Vaden’s frustrations, adding that Vaden’s acceptance of responsibility without blaming others “is a reflection of his strong character and commitment to Denver.”
Vaden, as clerk, was one of three election commissioners overseeing the voting process for Denver’s 350,000 registered voters. The two other commissioners, Sandy Adams and Susan Rogers, are elected.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.