Burns don’t believe in recounts
On November 28, 2000, when the Florida election results were certified, Conrad Burns said Gore “appears more and more like a man who wants to win at any cost.” Burns added, “It is time, as some have said, for Vice President Gore to stop being a litigant and start being a Patriot. The good of our nation is greater than any one man, and it is time for Mr. Gore to end these challenges and bow out gracefully.”
At the end of November 2000, Conrad Burns said he would like to see an end to Gore’s legal efforts in Florida. Burns said, “Mr. Gore should step aside and let the Bush team begin its orderly transition to the presidency.”
The morning after Election Day 2000, when Florida was counting absentee ballots, George Allen said, “we’ll need to move America forward as soon
as those votes are cast.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.