From Steve R.:
Hi. Just remember that the vote challenges were the great football fake of
the 2004 elections in Ohio. The GOP threatened the polling place challenges,
and Dems rose like fish to the bait – citing echos of Jim Crow – as well
they should. But in Ohio in 2004 this was a great diversionary tactics, to
draw attention away from the GOP vote-padding and vote-count fraud in the
rural areas, where the GOP was going to win anyway, but not by the margins
in the certified results. Obviously it’s not an either-or scenario. But
don’t allow the emotion of Jim Crow to distract from the ghost of Boss
Tweed. Yes the Republicans want to undermine Democratic turnout. But they
also want to game the counting. They did both in Ohio in 2004, which was hot
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.