That would be James Dobson, head of Focus on the Family…
Radar Online reports today:
November 10, 2006
On November 3, all-American family man Ted Haggard resigned as head of the 30-million strong National Association of Evangelicals after admitting to having monthly, crystal meth-fueled sex sessions with a male prostitute named Mike Jones.
In an exclusive interview, Radar talks with Reverend Haggard’s former lover and drug dealer, Mike Jones, about taking down one of the evangelical community’s biggest national figures:
On Rev. James Dobson
RADAR: Reverend James Dobson, of Focus on the Family, basically said he didn’t have time to help save this man, who had been one of his closest friends-
JONES: Dobson doesn’t want any connection with him. Since this happened, lots of people have asked me if I think Dobson is gay, too. My answer to that is yes.
On Haggard’s bedroom preferences
R: Anything else of note?
J: Okay, I’ll tell you one little tidbit, and I haven’t said this too much so you are going to get a bit of an exclusive: He loved to have sex in the dark. We would have one little candle going.
R: Is it safe to assume that Haggard’s a bottom? Maybe a power bottom, but a bottom nonetheless.
J: When people see him, the first impression is, Oh my god, he looks gay. When they were having the service at his church and reading his apology letter, all the reporters that were there came back to me and said, “You know what, Mike? It’s really strange. All the guys that were up on stage were young, good-looking men.”
R: What turned Reverend Haggard on the most about you?
J: I think my body, for sure. Also, it probably didn’t hurt that I’m pretty well-endowed.
On the New Life Church
R: Has anyone from the New Life Church thanked you for rescuing Reverend Haggard from crystal meth?
J: Oh, absolutely. When I was on a radio program down in Colorado Springs, they all thanked me. In fact, when I was checking into the hotel in Colorado Springs last night, the desk clerk, he goes, “Are you the Mike Jones of….” I answered, “Maybe.” And he said, “I want you to know that I am from the New Life Church.” And he extended his hand and said, “Thank you. You did us a service for Ted and our church so he can get the help he needs.”
To see the entire interview please click here.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.