Al-Qaeda Wants Republicans to Win
By Robert Parry
Consortium News – Tuesday 31 October 2006
George W. Bush’s blunt assertion that a Democratic victory in the Nov.
7 elections means “the terrorists win and America loses” misses the point
that Osama bin Laden stands to advance his strategic goals much faster with
a Republican victory.
Indeed, as U.S. intelligence analysts have come to understand, there
is a symbiotic relationship between Bush’s blunderbuss “war on terror” and
bin Laden’s ruthless strategy of terrorist violence – one helping the other.
Last April, a National Intelligence Estimate, representing the
consensus view of the U.S. intelligence community, concluded that Bush’s
Iraq War had become the “cause celebre” that had helped spread Islamic
extremism around the globe.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.