Although this e-mail mentions only voting problems in Ohio, Cynthia tells me that they’re also looking for examples of impediments to voting nationwide, as they’ll expand their efforts if they find suffient evidence.
From Cynthia Butler:
Please distribute by email and post to blogs as soon and as much as possible!
Dear folks concerned about potential Election Day chaos –
The lawyers managing the lawsuit challenging the Ohio Voter ID law – Subodh Chandra, Caroline Gentry & Ritchey Hollenbaugh – are trying to quickly gather even more evidence that will help with the suit. We need this information as soon as possible.
If you think you might have first-hand information about the different ways this law is being interpreted and applied across Ohio, we ask you to send an email to: VotingProblems@gmail.com. The information to be included in your email is set out below.
We are particularly looking for individuals who fit into any of the following categories:
1) On or after October 3, when you went to your local Board of Elections to vote:
a) you were not allowed to vote until you showed some sort of ID, or
b) you were permitted to vote after showing a military ID, or
c) even if you were ultimately allowed to vote, you were told that there was some kind of problem with an ID you wanted to use to vote. This might include an attempt to use a utility bill, paycheck, bank statement, government check, other government document, photo ID, or any other kind of identifying document you used or hoped to use
2) You sent in an absentee ballot through the mail and:
a) on the front of the envelope containing your ballot you checked the box in front of “My Ohio Drivers License number is:” and then filled in the blank with the number above your photo in the upper right hand corner of your license, or
b) you enclosed with your ballot some kind of identifying document rather than providing a Drivers License Number or Social Security Number on the front of the envelope containing your ballot.
3) You are planning to vote at your polling place on November 7, but you don’t have any of the following forms of identification with your name and address: a drivers license, photo ID, military ID, utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document.
4) Your absentee ballot application was returned to you by your Board of Elections
If you fit any of the above categories, or you experienced any other problem concerning your effort to cast an early vote associated with the November 7 Ohio election, we’d like to hear from you. Please send an email to VotingProblems@gmail.com. In that email, please tell us:
a) Your name
b) A phone number where we can call you to talk about the problem you had (or if you’d prefer that we communicate with you by email, we’ll try to work that way)
c) Which of the categories above you fit in and/or a little bit of information about the problem you had
We may not be able to get back to everyone who sends us an email, but we thank you, in advance, for your help.
No Comments to “Voting problems? Let these lawyers know!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.