CONTACT: Gail Ettinger, 212-933-4660 (Daytime), or email: GailAE@aol.com
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT: A Forum On New Voting Technology
An important public forum will be held on Wednesday, October 25th, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at the New York Society for Ethical Culture, 64th Street at Central Park West. Adam Cohen, a member of the New York Times Editorial Board, will moderate a panel of experts and elected officials to explore what kind of voting machines will soon be selected for New York City. Panelists include Douglas Kellner, Co-Chair, New York State Board of Elections; David Kogelman, HAVA Committee Chair, NY Democratic Lawyers Council; Bo Lipari, Executive Director, New Yorkers for Verfied Voting; Mark Crispin Miller, New York University professor and author; Jerrold Nadler, Member, U.S. Congress; and John Ravitz, Executive Director, New York City Board of Elections.
Our County Commissioners, at the direction of the State Board of Elections, will soon choose new voting machines for NYC. What do we know about the choices they will make? What can we do to encourage selection of the most secure, reliable, and cost-effective voting machines for NYC?
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT: A Forum On New Voting Technology is hosted by Community Free Democrats and Democracy for New York City, and is sponsored by the New York Society for Ethical Culture and the Sierra Club-NYC Group. The forum is non-partisan and free to the public.
For event information call 212-252-4918.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.