Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear. – Bertrand Russell
THE BAD NEWS
In late September, The Nation magazine reported that the Pentagon had “moved up the deployment of a major “strike group” of ships, including the nuclear aircraft carrier Eisenhower as well as a cruiser, destroyer, frigate, submarine escort and supply ship, to head for the Persian Gulf, just off Iran’s western coast.” Now, Buzzflash.com reports that the carrier group has already sailed and is scheduled to arrive in the vicinity of Iran around October 21, at the same time as a second flotilla of minesweepers and other ships.
And, thanks to the complicit corporate media, most of America had no idea this was happening.
In fact, we may be only weeks away from total disaster. Sometime before the November elections the madmen in the WH may very well launch a major air attack on suspected nuclear facilities Iran. Special ops have been waging covert actions in Iran for more than a year and Karl Rove has promised us all an ‘October surprise.’ But most telling of all is that the party of George W. Bush and cartel is in a serious political freefall. They cannot maintain their power in this coming election without some major intervening event that would once again instill fear and confusion in the minds of the American public (that is if you don’t count the massive election fraud that is taking place in our nation!)
And most of America, so immersed in the Foley Follies, hasn’t noticed a thing.
For a long while, right before IM sex took over the airways, the corporate media played and replayed their latest Bushco infomercials demonizing the villain du jour, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The usual band of pundits hammered home the message that Iran was out to nuke us all into oblivion while financing hordes of terrorists who hate us for our freedom. Network after network assures as that we’d better get them before they get us.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.