From the San Jose Mercury News:
U.S. soldiers’ overseas votes ripe for fraud
By Elise Ackerman Mercury News
Just weeks before the November election, the Pentagon is struggling to fix
its system for handling the votes of soldiers overseas.
Yet experts in computer security and election technology say the Pentagon’s
current attempt to keep those ballots from being rejected in large numbers,
as they have been in past elections, has created a system that is ripe for
During the next six weeks, thousands of service members are expected to fax
or e-mail ballots over international communications networks that are
susceptible to interception and tampering, putting those votes at risk.
“I can’t for the life of me figure out how the Defense Department decided
this is the right thing to do,” said Doug Jones, an associate professor of
computer science at the University of Iowa.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.