Before the end of November, New York State’s Public Authorities Control Board (PACB) is expected to be asked to give final approval to the proposed ‘Atlantic Yards’ Nets arena and high-rise project.
However, on October 26th, a number of homeowners, tenants and business owners in the footprint of the proposed ‘Atlantic Yards’ project filed a federal lawsuit challenging the use of eminent domain to evict them from their properties.
I’ve just sent a letter to New York State’s Public Authorities Control Board, asking them to postpone any vote on the fate of the proposed ‘Atlantic Yards’ project until the State’s courts have ruled on the project’s use of eminent domain.
It took me just a couple minutes to send the letter using Develop Don’t Destroy Brooklyn’s handy letter-writing mechanism – two minutes that could go a long way to stopping or significantly altering Forest City Ratner’s plan to build a massive arena and high-rise complex smack in the middle of historic brownstone neighborhoods.
If built as proposed, the ‘Atlantic Yards’ would:.
–be the biggest private development in Brooklyn’s history.
–cost taxpayers at least $1.6 billion.
–irrevocably alter the low-rise character of Prospect Heights, Fort Greene, Clinton Hill and Park Slope.
–create a nightmare of traffic, noise, pollution and other negative environmental effects.
Won’t you please take TWO MINUTES and join me in sending a letter? Visit dddb.net/php/PACBLetter.php. And please pass this email on; it’s critical that the PACB hear from as many of us as possible by November 15th, because they may be asked to vote before Thanksgiving.
Thanks for helping to make a difference
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.