Mark Crispin Miller is a very serious guy. We met recently over coffee at a quaint little cafe near New York University, where he teaches communications and media. Mark’s been sounding the alarm on election fraud for years, convinced that both Al Gore and John Kerry were robbed of the presidency in 2000 and 2004. And he’s afraid, very afraid, that the problem these days is worse, not better. Listening to him talk, watching his gestures, hearing his doomsday scenarios, it’s easy to get caught up in it. And it makes you angry to think he’s right. We vowed to riot in the streets should Democrats lose again in November. What I love about Mark is that you get the feeling he’d actually do it.
While I firmly believe that part of the Repugs’ strategy to win elections is to steal them, I don’t profess to be an expert on voting fraud. There’s plenty of very dedicated folks like Mark, Brad Friedman and Bobby Kennedy Jr. who’ve thankfully been carrying that torch, making the rest of us painfully aware that the problem exists and that if, unchecked, it can and will happen again. If you don’t believe that, all you need to do is monitor the blatantly corrupt actions of people like Kenneth Blackwell–Ohio’s Secretary of State, gubernatorial candidate and loyal Bushevik–to get a greater sense of the threat facing Democrats at the polls.
So what I asked Mark was not to simply rehash the infuriating tales of fraud from the Gore/Bush and Bush/Kerry elections, but to clearly define for us what Americans can do to prevent a repeat in 2006 and 2008.
First and foremost, Americans must vote. And vote in record numbers. Sounds simple, right? Well it is. The ability to vote in this country is not just a right but an obligation. The more Democrats that vote, the less likely that fraud would impact the outcome of an election. 96-million, 105-million and 121-million people voted in the ’96, ’00 and ’04 elections respectively. In ’04, overall turnout was a record 61%, but the GOP’s highly efficient “72-hour” program delivered more voters than the Democrats’ get-out-the-vote efforts. But as we now know, we still need even greater turnout.
Miller believes, and has written this month in The American Spectator, that “We need the biggest turnout ever, as a protest on behalf of free and fair elections in America. Such a turnout will make it that much harder for the Bush Republicans to spin their victory.”
Read the rest of this article at http://www.OstroyReport.blogspot.com/#102606
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.