- Their May primary election debacle made national news, and voter confidence has plummeted. (Why else would there be record numbers of voters clamoring to vote absentee?)
- The Election Science Institute revealed numerous discrepancies in vote counts among the different vote tallies (across the different media: paper, memory card, hard drive, etc.).
- There is undisputed proof that electronic voting (especially Diebold equipment) is vulnerable to fraud, hacking, and other security breaches.
- Judging by the Poll Worker Training Manual and numerous predictions, election day will be chaotic, with near impossible tracking of all election components.
- The general public is VERY concerned about electronic voting machines and wants transparency in the vote counting (Zogby poll – 92%)
- Beginning in April, we began asking CCBOE to post election results at the polling place. (one of their excuses is “it’s too late”)
- The Cuyahoga Election Review Panel, which analyzed the May election problems, recommended that Cuyahoga BOE post election results at the polling place.
- The board members, themselves (Bob Bennett, Sally Florkiewicz et al) , along with Director Michael Vu, said it was a good idea and very easy to do, in their May 1st, 2006 board meeting. (http://www.ohiovigilance.org/ProjectPost/CCBOEMay012006BdMtg.pdf )
- The additional work for poll workers to post election results amounts to two simple steps: (1) print another report, by hitting the “Yes” button, and (2) tape the report to the door. (http://www.ohiovigilance.org/ProjectPost/CCBOETrainingRocketScience.pdf )
- The Director of Election Services, Jacqui Maiden, and Director of Information Technology, Lou Irizari, state, on page 96 of the CERP Action Plan, that posting results would be very easy to do. (http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf/CERP_Recommendations_ALL.pdf)
- Cuyahoga County is the LAST county one should trust with unverifiable secret vote counting. Mother Jones (Sept/Oct issue) named it one of the “worst places to vote and have your vote counted!”
- Cuyahoga BOE chairman, Bob Bennett, is head of the Ohio Republican Party (Many believe he brought in Michael Vu to implement Diebold voting technology.)
- The stakes are extremely high in many of Ohio’s contests: Governor (with Blackwell, aka “Katherine Harris on steroids” behind in the polls), Senate, Secretary of State, Attorney General and others!
- Cuyahoga is the largest Democratic county in Ohio.
- Cuyahoga BOE has a record of lying, secrecy and disdain for public opinion, pushing through Diebold e-voting despite overwhelming public opposition, denying public records and access, among other things.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.