From R. Miller:
Conservatives are abandoning ship! (see below) Frist advocates
giving in to the Taliban and the conservative backlash is just starting!
Frist urges surrendering to the TALIBAN
Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 05:02:30 PM PDT(From the diaries, with some editing — kos)
Bill Frist has just put the final stake in the heart of they myth of Republican toughness on national security.
U.S. Senate majority leader calls for efforts to bring Taliban into Afghan government
Huh? No, really. Huh?
QALAT, Afghanistan U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said Monday that the Afghan guerrilla war can never be won militarily and called for efforts to bring the Taliban and their supporters into the Afghan government.
The Tennessee Republican said he had learned from briefings that Taliban fighters were too numerous and had too much popular support to be defeated by military means.
“You need to bring them into a more transparent type of government,” Frist said during a brief visit to a U.S. and Romanian military base in the southern Taliban stronghold of Qalat. “And if that’s accomplished we’ll be successful.”
Talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations.
What about Mel Martinez, who was also on the trip?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.