Gallup: Only 1 in 4 Americans Very Confident Votes Will Be Counted Accurately
By E&P Staff
Published: October 27, 2006 9:55 AM ET
NEW YORK Gallup reports today, less than two weeks from the midterm elections, that a new poll finds that only about one in four Americans are “very confident” that votes across the country will be accurately cast and counted and that workers at voting facilities will be capable of resolving any problems. “The public places equal trust in electronic or computerized ballots and paper ballots to correctly record its votes this year,” Gallup relates.
“Republicans and Democrats differ in their overall confidence in the country’s voting system, with Republicans much more likely than Democrats to express confidence in the accuracy of the vote counts, in the workers at polling facilities, and in the trustworthiness of electronic ballots.”
The overall number expressing a high degree of confidence, in the poll taken Oct. 20-22, is 28%, with 4 in 10 Republicans very confident versus only 17% of Democrats. Republicans also express more faith in electronic ballots than Democrats.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.