Snafu briefly halts electronic voting in Denton County
03:26 PM CST on Tuesday, October 31, 2006
By BRANDON FORMBY / The Dallas Morning News
Rhonda Harris had done her research, chosen her candidates and Monday night headed to her city’s early voting polling location listed on the Denton County Web site.
But a snafu with a server for the county’s electronic voting system – and lack of a paper ballot for Ms. Harris’ precinct – made The Colony woman decide not to cast a ballot.
“I know I can go back tonight and vote, but I don’t think any outage is acceptable,” she said.
Ms. Harris’ complaint came on the same day that Tarrant County Democrats filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging electronic voting and its lack of a paper trail.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.