….we must be ready to say “NO!”
>Fears, Tears and Jeers: the Campaign Trail of the GOP
>With the November elections fast approaching, the Republican Party have
>opened up a number of fronts in their campaign assault to maintain control
>of Capitol Hill. For the last few months, a number of states have enacted
>new laws that are seen as leading efforts to disenfranchise typically
>Democratic voting blocks. Six Republican-controlled states, Indiana,
>Arizona, California, Missouri, and of course, our old friends in Ohio and
>Florida, have already passed various voter ID laws that will doubtless
>disenfranchise Democratic voters far more than others. Recently, a federal
>judge struck down a 2004 Florida law that restricted and punished
>activities of third party voter registration groups, a result that will be
>too little too late with respect to elections in November; appeals are
>guaranteed to hold this in court for sometime.
>Furthermore, the Republican House showed little regard for election law
>when Speaker Dennis Hastert swore in Brian Bilbray as the newest
>Republican member of Congress, despite the fact that the election had not
>even been certified at that point, given the ongoing dispute surrounding
>that contentious California election and its employment of uncertified
>Diebold voting machines. Fueling outrage, a judge has pronounced that
>Congress has jurisdictional priority rather than the State of California
>now that the swearing-in has taken place; no recourse in the election
>dispute can be provided by California courts. In other words, regardless
>of the outcome of an election, a swearing-in cermony effectively nullifies
>an election result and makes Congress’s pronouncement of House membership
>the final say in the matter. What have we learned from this exercise?
>There is yet another way to steal an election and who knows how many more
>are heretofore unknown.
>more here …
No Comments to “When they claim "victory" again…”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.