September 21, 2006
Sen. Warner attacked for opposing military proselytizing
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dear Secular Coalition activist,
In an attempt to allow unimpeded proselytizing by military chaplains,
Christian nationalists (those who seek to turn our secular government
into a Christian nation) are haranguing Senator John Warner (R-VA).
They have made personal comments about his own religious beliefs in
numerous e-mails seeking inclusion of a House-passed (Senate-stopped)
amendment allowing military chaplains to “pray according to their
dictates” in a Department of Defense spending bill.
In order to allow full testimony on the issue of military
proselytizing, the Senator suggested that a separate bill be
considered in the next Congress. It is important that he receive
thanks and support from around the nation for opposing the chaplain
amendment to the DoD bill. We hope you will contact him soon.
For more information about this issue, including a sample letter for
Senator Warner, please visit our Web site:
Lori Lipman Brown, Director
The Secular Coalition for America
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Secular Coalition for America lobbies the U.S. Congress on behalf
of nontheistic Americans. Our mission is to increase the visibility
and respectability of nontheistic viewpoints in the United States and
to protect and strengthen the secular character of our government as
the best guarantee of freedom for all.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.