Cleveland, Here I Come!
Joan Brunwasser, Voting Integrity Editor, OpEdNews
September 26, 2006
I’m getting ready for the We Count 2006 conference for fair elections in Cleveland this weekend. I’m thrilled about meeting a number of people that I’ve only had cyber-contact with, up till now. The conference has so many outstanding speakers (among them Mark Crispin Miller, Bev Harris, Steven Freeman, Bob Fitrakis, Harvey Wasserman, Lynn Landes, Paul Lehto and Bob Koehler, my traveling companion), my head is reeling and I haven’t even left the Chicago city limits.
As you might imagine, the subject of the conference is dear to my heart. The following excerpt is from their website http://wecount2006.org Read this and tell me it doesn’t sound fabulously interesting. What could possibly be more relevant and timely with November just around the corner?
EDUCATE: We will warn conference participants about the dangers of electronic voting machines, the privatization of elections and the many other ways that the will of the people has been, and will continue to be, subverted…unless we act.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.