From Laura Flanders:
I was in Milwaukee last week when this happened and the ironic thing about even this piece of reporting is that it gives too much credit to the city:
The city just wanted to know how many people voted and couldn’t believe its own computer records because of what it described as a programming error.
NOt true. The only reason the city’s recounting is because the local paper didn’t believe the vote counts. It was the Journal Sentinel that sounded the alarm, forcing a recount.
The other area of attack coming from the governor’s office this year has been on vote registrars. After young kids in North Milwaukee turned out 14,000 voters in 04 (more than the entire margin of Kerry’s victory in the state) suddenly registrars are required to sign up for training, attend a training on a certain day, get qualified, etc etc., and of course, turn in those forms within a second or two of receiving them. Like that.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.