Brent Budowsky: Common Sense Against Corrupting the Next Election: If Thomas Paine Were Here, Part 2
Submitted by BuzzFlash on Tue, 09/19/2006 – 5:29am. Guest Contribution
A BUZZFLASH GUEST CONTRIBUTION
Let’s begin today a national letter writing campaign sending hundreds of thousands of letters to every newspaper in America, calling for front page coverage of the dangers of another Constitutional crisis from another questionable election, and editorial campaigns to prevent this travesty while there is still time.
Amazingly, incredibly, unbelievably, six years after the Florida recount of 2000 America could well be facing a historic and profound election decided weeks after the vote, by courts counting votes, after voters finish voting.
This is unconscionable. The following words came not from some conspiracy theorist, but from Paul DeGregorio, the Chairman of the federal Election Assistance Commission: “We could see that control of Congress is going to be decided by races in recount situations that might not be determined for several weeks” (Page 1, Washington Post, September 17).
No Comments to “Let's pre-empt Bush/Cheney's "upset victory" in November!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.