I. AN OVERVIEW
Breaking News and Commentary from Citizens for Legitimate Government
23 September 2006
“You might not be able to go early medieval, but you can go late medieval.” Constitutional Law Professor Jonathan Turley, commenting on Bush’s new torture guidelines, MSNBC’s “Countdown”
22 Sep 2006
- Abandon the rule of law and give the President the freedom to interpret the Geneva Conventions any way he sees fit.
- Provide immunity to those responsible for past human rights abuses.
- Exempt from prosecution those who authorize treatment traditionally considered torture.
- Strip detainees of access to US courts.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.