On Tuesday, the message sent by Connecticut voters was loud and
clear. They want change, and they want Ned Lamont to represent
them in the U.S. Senate, voting for Ned by a 52%-48% margin over
Senator Joe Lieberman in the Democratic primary.
Unfortunately, Joe Lieberman began collecting petition
signatures to run as an Independent several weeks ago while
concurrently running in the Democratic primary. In short, he
wanted to have his cake and eat it too.
In 2000, the presence of a third party candidate, Ralph Nader,
no doubt played a role in the defeat of Vice President Gore and
Joe Lieberman. Now Joe Lieberman is risking our party’s claim on
his Senate seat by running as a third party candidate himself.
Recent news reports detail the GOP’s interest in supporting just
such an effort. It’s time to draw a line.
As Democrats, Wes Clark and I have committed ourselves to
supporting the Democratic nominee for the US Senate in
Connecticut and I ask you to do likewise. Because too much is at
stake with our troubles abroad and at home, we cannot play games
this Election Day.
Please join Wes Clark and me in urging Senator Lieberman to drop
his bid for the Senate as an Independent and endorse the duly
Forward Joe Lieberman an email here:
No Comments to “Why Joe Lieberman should bugger off”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.