From Bruce O’Dell:
Sure, optical scan is better than DRE–as long as the optical scan ballots are always audited by hand. Optical scan ballots are interpreted and tallied by computer programs, too, And as Black Box Voting has shown, optical scan equipment is wide open to subversion that only hand-counts of the paper can uncover.
And to secure US congressional races–and give candidates the indisputable mathematical cover needed to actually challenge a corrupted election–we need a 10% handcount in 100% of the precincts, as Jonathan Simon, Steve Freeman, Josh Mitteldorf and I have called for in our recent paper.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.