A letter in today’s Anchorage Daily News:
Impossible voter turnout signals errors by Lt. Gov. Loren Leman
Lt. Gov. Loren Leman’s job is to head up the state Division of Elections. According to the division’s Web site, House District 21, my district, registered an impossible voter turnout of 234.03 percent.
The division has posted a clarification on its Web site that addresses this problem. I dusted off my trusty calculator and followed the clarification to arrive at an equally impossible voter turnout of 121.78 percent.
Something is very wrong with the counting of our ballots. Mr. Leman knows this and has chosen to avoid correcting it. He, and his boss, have failed us all and may do so again at the August polls.
—- Neil Black, Anchorage
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.