and everywhere else….
From Kat L’Estrange:
“Electronic tabulation of results is easier, quicker and more reliable than running thousands of paper ballots through a tabulator. In the long run, electronic voting is less expensive than paper ballots, which are costly to print. And electronic ballots are easier to fix or update if there is a typographical error or other problem; there’s no need to reprint the whole batch.”
Easier and quicker, possibly; certainly NOT more reliable and/or less expensive! E-vote equals control the vote, and that’s the bottom line. — Kat
Article published Aug 29, 2006
Election Commission needs to get rid of paper ballots,
make electronic voting primary method
In the 2004 primarily election, about 2,700 voters lost their say in who should advance to the General Election because they marked both the Democrat and Republican side of the ballot.
Such crossover voting in primary elections was prohibited earlier in 2004 to get local law in line with federal court rulings that stated crossover votes are unconstitutional to political parties. So now, voters may only mark one side of the ballot; they must choose to vote for either Republicans or Democrats, not both.
In an effort to minimize the number of ballots spoiled by crossover voting, the Guam Election Commission has changed its instructions to voters before ballots are cast, according to Gerald Taitano, executive director of the commission. The paper ballots also state that crossover voting is not allowed, and both political parties have been encouraged to pass the word along.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.