Here’s the answer, ahead of time: Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the House, got the word that Bilbray was officially elected from Ms. Susan Lapsley, Assistant Secretary of State for Elections, California Secretary of State Office…”
Check out the article. If you’re in California, you may want to get this around in a hurry. This blows away the San Diego Registrars defense against a recount in the pending law suit (decided Tuesday, TOMORROW). The Registrar says there is NO need to recount because the federal government assumed authority and jurisdiction when it swore Bilbray in.
BUT NOW WE KNOW THAT THEY RELIED ON STATE AUTHORITY TO DO SO AND THEY ADMIT IT. Amazing!
Election Nullification 2: Speaker’s Special Source
Monday, 28 August 2006, 5:55 pm
Opinion: Michael Collins
Election Nullification II: Speaker of House had Special Source for Election “Certification”
California Assistant Secretary of State for Elections Tells House Clerk, it’s all good!
By Michael Collins
“Scoop” Independent Media
What would you think if you heard that a Member of Congress was sworn in prior to the official certification of his hotly contested and controversial election?
Would it matter to which political party the Member of Congress belonged?
On August 25, 2006, “Scoop” revealed that there was something very wrong with Brian Bilbray’s swearing in as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. Republican Bilbray allegedly defeated Francine Busby in a close and controversial special election in California’s 50th Congressional District. There were immediate cries of foul and demands for both an investigation and a recount. The problems were well publicized before the swearing in.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.