From a friend:
In there a coincidence? In the past few days the pro-war pro-Bush closet-Republican Joe Lieberman lost, Bush’s poll ratings took a nose dive to a rock-bottom 33%, and opposition to the Iraq War fiasco grew to a strong 60%.
Gone from the news: Plans to slash traumatic brain injury research for seriously wounded Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans, news on the 1,150 new U.S. killed, wounded, injured, and ill during July, and news about the 1,500 Iraqi civilians killed during July. The U.S. occupation and the Iraq Civil War are now a bloodbath.
Suddenly, a group of alleged terrorists monitored for 13 months are captured overseas. Police are now on the streets, on trains, on planes, and fear is rampant in the U.S. Within hours of the announcement of the arrest of suspects, the government already has signs prepared and extra staff on duty.
The impact is tragic, as news reports show almost four in ten people admit that they do hold some “prejudice” against Muslims. The world is a dangerous place, yet fear-mongering only makes it worse. No one is learning how to undo the causes of the war or to turn down the violence. In fact, Bush is letting the violence get worse.
Declare today a “no fear zone” day. We’ve got to fight the 24/7/365 fear spewing from Bush, Rove, and Cheney !
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.