From Kat L’Estrange, re: the recent e-voting in Boone County, Missouri:
“…Noren said this morning she was thrilled with how smoothly the day went.” (Boone County Clerk Wendy Noren)
Another example of downplaying the problem, although the headline at least used the words “ominous glitch,” and ominous this problem will surely be nationwide on Election Day in November. Not to mention all the problems with voter registration rolls and voter suppression tactics that are bound to disenfranchise millions more…
There’ll be no ousting the bad guys this year as terror will certainly help seal the steal. But then again, just who are the bad guys really? Those involved in election jamming, or those who sit idly by and do nothing meaningful about it?
Digital voting a hit, with one ominous glitch
“Paper trail” lost for some ballots.
By JACOB LUECKE of the Tribune’s staff
Published Thursday, August 10, 2006
Boone County’s election chief praised the performance of the county’s new electronic voting machines, but she also cautioned that minor issues could become a problem in future elections.
For months, County Clerk Wendy Noren worried how the machines would perform under the pressure of a real election. But after Tuesday’s primary, Noren said this morning she was thrilled with how smoothly the day went.
Although Tuesday’s 24 percent voter turnout was likely much lighter than what the machines will have to handle in November, Noren said she was encouraged.
“I feel like we’re going into November having designed a really outstanding training process,” she said. “I feel like the feedback from the judges and my trainers is that weÃ¢re ready to go.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.