This is enormous….
From Michael Collins:
So now we have Dennis Hastert nullifying the election in San Diego by swearing in Republican Brian Bilbray 17 DAYS BEFORE the San Diego election was certified. The San Diego Registrar uses that as his defense against a lousy election with voting machines going home with poll workers and thousands of ballots assigned to random precincts. To top it off, a lawyer on Bob Ney’s Committee (the Rep. Bob Ney of Ohio 2004 fame) writes the Judge in San Diego deciding the case directly. Not good form, especially when he delayed delivery of the letter to plaintiff’s attorneys (the citizens suing for the rotten election).
Please get this out as soon as you can. It’s a “rigged game.”
Congressional Election Nullified – Nobody Noticed
Friday, 25 August 2006, 10:45 pm
Article: Michael Collins
Speaker of the House Nullified
San Diego Congressional Race
By Michael Collins
“Scoop” Independent Media
It appears the US media overlooked one of the great political stories of the year. In what is becoming something of a pattern, here’s a brief chronology:
On June 6, 2006 Republican Brian Bilbray allegedly slightly outpolled Democrat Francine Busby in the special election for California’s 50th Congressional District, despite Busby’s lead in the polls going into the election. There were immediate cries of foul following the election due to major irregularities, including electronic voting machines sent out to the homes and cars of volunteers for up to 12 days prior to the election, and irregular election results like huge mega-precincts of absentee ballots where turnout was thousands of percent more than registered voters.
On June 13, 2006, Bilbray flew to Washington, DC and was sworn in as a member of the United States House of Representatives by House Speaker Dennis Hastert.
No Comments to “Hastert nullified San Diego race!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.