The following is second hand, but the links are there by which one could directly confirm.
Also, this explanation is consistent with other data that have made their way into the press. In particular, almost equal numbers of votes were subtracted from Calderon and Lopez Obrador by the court. Since most of the challenged districts were Calderon strongholds, the annulled precincts must have been those in which the vote was closest.
Feel free to send it on or post it under the understanding that it hasn’t been directly confirmed.
The Mexican Mathdance
Another source, Garras de Paco Garridoseems to have confirmed that this bizarre logic was used. This purports to be an actual copy of the judicial ruling for the complaint for district 03 of QuerÃ©taro SUP-JIN-21/2006, and is said to be on the electoral court’s website (www.trife.gob.mx), but I can’t get the file to download. Garras says (paraphrase):
in district 03, they recounted 59 precincts and only in 9 did they rectify the results. Despite the inconsistencies, the judges only annulled two precincts. Under the standards of the TEPFJ, 38 precincts had results that didn’t square, butthe court said
In these precincts, there was some difference between the figures of the basic results, but the difference was smaller than that obtained between the candidates in first and second place in that precinct.
Garras continues They annulled precincts 416-1 and 537. In 416-1, the electoral institute gave them 734 ballots, 356 were surplus, 388 citizens voted, placing 361 ballots in the ballot box, from which were obtained 372 votes. Because the PRD won the precinct 137 to 119, the difference of 18 votes is less than the total vote discrepancy (which Garras, using math beyond my means, says is 24). That means the PRD would have won, so the precinct must be annulled.
If true, and I suppose it probably is, the Court deserves to be laughed out of office.# posted by Charles @ 11:05 AM
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.