From Ginny Ross:
Hope you had a good break. I wanted to share with you and your readers a video project we’ve been working on. I’m becoming a video geek of sorts. But the Election Integrity cause demands that we all begin to wear new hats (or pocket protectors, piercings or multi-colored hair as the case may be.)
This video below is the first in a whole series of educational clips we are planning to make available on EDA TV at http://www.electiondefensealliance.org.
The idea is, we have to use every means possible to wake people up to the fact that this effort of restoring elections is 100% up to us. There can be no more waiting and wondering if any party or special interest group is going to lead the way. It must become personal. We, each one of us, absolutely MUST, as citizens, simply stand up and demand our democracy back by intensely monitoring, documenting and verifying elections where we live and then hold officials accountable to prove accurate results in every case.
One way we can all start is by connecting with local election activist groups in our own state. There are hundreds of them — we are not alone! People can also share their resources and energy by connecting nationally through Election Defense Alliance. In this clip, our Election Monitoring group coordinator, Tom Courbat, describes an outstanding monitoring project near San Diego in June.
Tom and his team deserve a lot of credit for setting an example with this great effort (be sure to download and read the Save R Vote report at the link above!) I’d also like to extend major kudos to Ellen Bukstel for her outstanding song “Lost my Vote” featured at the end (please go to www.bukstel.com for many other great works!) This song should be our theme song for 2006 and 2008!
Another very important effort we are sponsoring is the “We Count 2006” conference in Ohio at the end of September (see http://www.WeCount2006.org for all the details and to register). We look forward to your presentation there along with the speeches, workshops and presentations of so many other of our mighty and growing band of election scholars, lawyers, authors, journalists and activists who simply will not let this democracy go without a fight.
Thank you so much for all you are doing and I hope to see you in Cleveland in September!
All the best,
Communications, Election Defense Alliance
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.