Breaking News and Commentary from Citizens for Legitimate Government
21 August 2006
“Behaviour detection squads” to spy on passengers 20 Aug 2006 Elite teams of security officers are to be trained to monitor passenger behaviour at airports in a new attempt to combat terrorism. The “behaviour detection squads” will patrol terminals to monitor the gestures, conversations and facial expressions of passengers. People deemed to be acting suspiciously [?!?] will be taken for questioning and prevented from flying if they fail to explain their actions. In America behaviour detection officers are working at a dozen airports, including Washington Dulles and Boston Logan.
The fight against terror: Surveillance UK –On the streets of Britain, scores of top suspects are being followed as MI5 desperately seeks to head off ‘dozens’ of plots 20 Aug 2006 The biggest surveillance operation in British history is under way this week as the authorities seek to track what the Home Secretary, John Reid, has called “dozens” of terror plots.
Thousands to be deployed for airport security 19 Aug 2006 While passenger checks continue at British airports, thousands of extra police – officers from 43 forces in England, Wales, Scotland and the North – are to be deployed in one of the largest security operations of modern times.
New airport security ‘to remain’ 19 Aug 2006 The government has insisted that tough new security measures will remain at UK airports for now, despite the growing anger of airlines and legal threats.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.