BREAKING: SAN DIEGO DEMOCRACYFEST CROWD BOOS
AL FRANKEN DISCUSSION OF BUSBY/BILBRAY ELECTION!
Live Air America Broadcast from Heart of U.S. House Special Election Controversy Interrupted by Shouts, Jeers,
Cheers from Audience of Activists in Attendance!
Filed by Brad Friedman in San Diego
As I standby in a hotel room in San Diego, near the DemcoracyFest! venue, to hopefully post some big breaking news momentarily, Al Franken is broadcasting his show from the site.
In a discussion moments ago with a representative of Common Cause from New Mexico, the previously quiet crowd gathered at the live broadcast broke into boos and disapproving shouts when the interview led by Franken implied that “Busby had lost” due to a “gaffe” made prior to the election.
Audience members have erupted in applause when it was mentioned that “some believe the election was not run cleanly.” Franken, and his guest regarded the election as legitimate which led to boos and protests from the crowd which became unruly during the discussion, rejecting the announced results that “Bilbray won the election.”
The guest from Common Cause (whose name we didn’t catch) also was booed when he implied that George W. Bush “beat” Al Gore in 2000. Event organizers had encouraged Franken to have me on during today’s live broadcast, taking place smack dab in the middle of the country’s largest election controversy prior to the November general election right here in San Diego. Franken, instead chose to have the Common Cause rep from New Mexico to discussion issues of Election Integrity in Mexico and elsewhere.
THE BRAD BLOG – The uprising continues…
No Comments to “Wake up, Al!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.