Republican Congressman Says Bush Should Be Removed from Office
By David Swanson
A radio show reported yesterday that Republican Texas Congressman Ron Paul said the following:
“I would have trouble arguing that he’s been a Constitutional President, and once you violate the Constitution and be proven to do that I think these people should be removed from office.”
And this: “Congress has generously ignored the Constitution while the President flaunts it, the courts have ignored it and they get in the business of legislating so there’s no respect for the rule of law.”
And this: “When the President signs all these bills and then adds statements after saying I have no intention of following it – he’s in a way signing it and vetoing – so in his mind he’s vetoing a lot of bills, in our mind under the rule of law he hasn’t vetoed a thing.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.