This act is the thin end of the wedge.
July 10, 2006
Stop Pledge Protection Act
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dear Secular Coalition activist,
Although the House Judiciary Committee failed to vote out HR 2389, the so-called Pledge Protection Act, with a 15-15 tie vote, the House leadership is expected to bring the issue for a floor vote this week.
As we have stated in previous alerts, the House leadership wants to strip all federal courts,
including the U.S. Supreme Court, of the power to decide the Constitutionality of the Pledge
of Allegiance or its recitation. If they succeed, you could lose your right to challenge government sponsorship of religious exercises.
Please take a stand today against the Pledge Protection Act. For more resources and a
sample letter concerning this issue, please visit our Web site: http://www.secular.org
Lori Lipman Brown, Director
The Secular Coalition for America
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Secular Coalition for America lobbies the U.S. Congress on behalf of nontheistic Americans. Our mission is to increase the visibility and respectability of nontheistic viewpoints in the United States and to protect and strengthen the secular character of our government as the best guarantee of freedom for all.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.