MEXICAN ELECTION UPDATE: PROTEST CALLED FOR JULY 16
JOHN ROSS, THE NATION – A full week after the most viciously contested
presidential election in its modern history, a Florida-sized fraud
looms over the Mexican landscape and the nation has been divided
almost exactly in half along political, economic, geographical and
racial lines. . . The disputed election pits an indignant Indian and
mestizo underclass that believes AMLO was swindled out of the
presidency by electoral fraud against a wealthy white conservative
minority that controls the nation’s media, its banks, and apparently,
the Federal Electoral Institute, Mexico’s maximum electoral authorities. . .
At a raucous July 8th rally that put a half million supporters in
Mexico City’s vast Zocalo plaza, the political heart of the nation,
Lopez Obrador called upon his people to demand a complete vote by vote
recount of the results. . . The left leader is calling upon supporters
in all 300 electoral districts across Mexico to initiate a national
“exodus” for democracy that will converge upon the capital on Sunday,
July 16th for a mega-march that may well turn out to be the largest
political demonstration in the nation’s history. . .
Evidence of wide-spread ballot box manipulation in a third of the
130,000 polling places (including ballot-stuffing and duplicate
numbers in thousands of them), malfeasance in the reporting of
district totals to the IFE, inexplicable cybernetic confabulations in
both the preliminary count or PREP (`3,000,000 mostly AMLO votes were
removed) and the final tabulation in the districts, are being
presented to the nation’s top electoral tribunal (code-named the
TRIFE) by Lopez Obrador’s battery of attorneys in an effort to
persuade the seven justices that a hand recount is the only way to
determine who will be the next president of Mexico. Such recounts
have recently been conducted in close elections in Germany, Italy, and
Costa Rica as well as in Florida 2000 until ordered shut down by the
U.S. Suprime Court. . .
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.