Many people have made up their minds on Iraq, but many more still have nagging questions about how we became embroiled in this contest of atrocities that has become our occupation of Iraq. The conflicting positions taken by various factions inside and outside the US have generated confusion and malaise.Here is a chance to get those questions answered by two people that have been very close to the situation for years.
Scott Ritter was the UN’s top weapons inspector in Iraq between 1991 and 1998. Before working for the UN he served as an officer in the US Marines and as a ballistic missile adviser to General Schwarzkopf in the first Gulf War. He is the author of “Iraq Confidential” (www.iraqconfidential.com ), published in October, 2005 by Nation Books. – “The important thing to know about Scott Ritter is that he was right.” – Seymour Hersh
RAY McGOVERN works with Tell the Word, the publishing arm of the ecumenical Church of the Savior in Washington, DC. He was an analyst with the CIA for 27 years and is now on the Steering Group of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS).
Join Scott, Ray and area DFA’ers at:
The Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lehigh Valley
424 Centre Street
Bethlehem, Pa. 18018
Friday, July 21 at 7:00 pm
The Unitarian Society of Germantown
6511 Lincoln Drive (West Mt. Airy)
Philadelphia, PA 19119
Saturday, July 22 at 1:00 pm
BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
2040 Street Road
Warrington, PA (just east of Rt 611)
Saturday, July 22 at 7:00 pm
$10 Free Will donation requested. No one will be refused.RSVP or request more info by clicking here. (Your RSVP helps us plan a convenient, successful event.)Sponsored by: Montgomery County Democracy for America Upper Bucks for DemocracyLehigh/Northampton Progressive Alliance
Lily Tomlin said it best. “No matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up.”
No Comments to “Great forums in Philadelphia”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.