Statement on the Mexican National Elections
From the National Association of Democratic Lawyers (ANAD)
To Public Opinion in Mexico and in all of the countries of the world:
The presidential election in Mexico is not yet over, nor is the IFE the authority which determines the final results, and least of all is the president elect Calderon.
On the 6th of July, the Federal Electoral Institute (IFE) announced that Felipe Calderon won the vote count performed by the IFE by 0.58%. However, it failed to clarify that such a result is provisional, not definitive. This is because the right to give the definitive result in the presidential election belongs exclusively, and in a manner that excludes all others, to the Superior Court of the Federal Electoral Tribunal.
Article 99 of the Constitution provides that: “The challenges which are presented regarding the election of the President of the Republic shall be finally resolved by the Superior Court… And only this [entity] … [w]ill make the final count in the election of the President of the Republic, once the challenges which may have been filed are resolved, and will proceed to formulate the declaration of validity of the election and the declaration of validity of the President elect, with respect to the candidate who shall have obtained the greater number of votes.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.